Monday 3 June 2013

May Favourites 2013


I tend to stick to the same ol' products time after time, so I'm not too sure if these favourites videos will be a monthly occurrence but we shall see! Let's start off with makeup first! I always like watching youtubers and reading about other bloggers' makeup favourites the best :)

Makeup
My foundation of choice has been Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua this month. I apply this with my fingers and I find it gives me the perfect light coverage that I prefer. I'm not one to wear a heavy base, the lighter the better for me :)

I have been loving MAC Harmony Blush as a contour/bronzer. It's a warm brown shade that's not too orange. I dust it at the back of my cheek bones and slightly onto my temples. I then use my Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc in 66 which is the perfect rose coloured blush for me and great for work. The colour discs are actually eyeshadows but the make-up artist said it would be great as a blush and she was right! I'm not too sure if you can get your hands on it now though as I did buy it several years ago and it seems they have changed their packaging since. I'm probably pushing the makeup expiry boundaries here. Oops!

I find that the perfect pairing with my blush of choice this month has been Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 703 Ginger. They are in a similar tone and work so well together. The lipstick is also smooth and creamy. I've really been loving Clarins lately. 

My favourite eyeshadow combination has been Urban Decay's Foxy from the Urban Decay Basics palette swept across the lids with MAC's Bamboo eyeshadow in the crease. Foxy is perfect for evening out my eyelids and bamboo warms up my crease. It's an easy 'I don't have to think about what I'm doing' combination! It's also not too heavy which is what I prefer since I have smaller eyes. 

Skincare
On days when I wake up and I'm having a good skin day I love using Origins Vitazing. I would classify this as a skincare/makeup fusion type product. It doubles as my moisturiser and gives me a tint at the same time. I find that when I first apply it, the tint doesn't appear straight away rather, it takes a little bit of time to develop. If you get oily I do recommend powdering in those sections as it can get a bit too dewy looking throughout the day. I like to powder my t-zone if I'm wearing this product on it's own; that is, no foundation over the top. 

Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is my skin saviour - blog post about this product has already been written here so check it out!

Hair
L'oreal Mythic Oil - I spoke about my love for this product in my 'Colours of the Rainbow Tag' post (Link!)

Fragrance
Chanel Mademoiselle has been the perfume I have been reaching for this month. I bought this when I went to Europe a couple of years ago so I feel like it's kinda special! However, my love for Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb last year saw this perfume receive absolutely no love last year. This year, it's quite the opposite! My flowerbomb has been tucked away while this receives all the attention. I only use this in the autumn/winter time though as I find it too heavy for spring/summer. 

What have been your favourites this month? I'd love to know!

Jess 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment