Monday 24 June 2013

The Weekend Nail

 



I picked up this Sally Hansen nail polish in ‘Plume 005’ from the Lustre Shine range on sale for under $5 a couple of months ago. I’d never seen the Lustre Shine range before so I was intrigued plus, the two-tone metallic goodness was too good to leave behind even though it was definitely not work appropriate. Well, not in my field anyway. It has been shamefully collecting dust in my nail polish box since I typically don’t paint my nails a colour that can’t carry over to a work day because taking it off and changing the colour after the weekend is such a hassle for my lazy weekend self. Well… that was until last weekend when I finally whipped it out and slapped this ‘paint’ on my nails.

I don’t know why it took so long really. I couldn’t stop staring at my nails and tilting my hands in all different directions to see the different colours. The dominant colours in this nail polish are a metallic green and an orangey-gold, but you can definitely see hints of blue as well.

The brush is a standard brush that is slightly on the thinner side. The nail polish applies well and lasts a good few days before chipping. I apply 2 coats to get an opaque finish and top it off with my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat.

Jess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment