Wednesday 24 July 2013

What's in my makeup basket #2


Face
I used Bobbi Brown's Peach Corrector under the eyes, with L'oreal's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer over the top. I then applied Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer on the areas of my face which are slightly discoloured to even out my skin tone (around the nose, chin and cheek areas). I then set my face with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent down my T-zone and under my eyes. 

Brows
As usual, I used Maybelline Define-a-Brow to fill in the tail-end of my brows

Cheeks
I bronzed my face up with Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Nutmeg. I received this sample in a beauty box but it's obviously way too dark for my skin tone. So I've resorted to using this as a bronzer. I need the tiniest amount for my whole face. 

For blusher I applied a thin layer of Make Up Forever HD Blush in #7, and topped it off with MAC's Well Dressed blush. Not only does layering these 2 products provide the perfect pinky cheek for me, but layering a cream blush with a powder blush provides a longer-lasting blush. 

Eyes
I applied Too Faced Shadow Insurance on my eyelids, then MAC's Brule eyeshadow which is a cream coloured shadow all over the lid and MAC's Soft Brown in the crease blended out. Soft Brown is a lovely warm brown shade which is perfect for defining and warming up the crease. I then applied a thin line of Prestige Waterproof Eyeliner in Black and then set it with Inglot's Matte Eyeshadow in 348 to prevent smudging. The mascara of choice was Covergirl Clump Crusher.

Lips
I layered MAC's Creme D'Nude under Revlon's Carnation Lipstick from the Super Lustrous Range to provide a nice wearable everyday pink. 
I find that applying this nude lipstick under a brighter lipstick tones down the colour of the lipstick making it more wearable for daytime/work. 


Jess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment