Thursday 1 August 2013

Review: Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial


I picked up Rimmel's Apocalips in Celestial when Priceline were having 50% off of the brand awhile ago. I thought I'd go the safe route and pick up something that I could wear everyday as opposed to the brighter shades (which also look amazing). I was so excited when I saw them on the shelves. After all, the UK bloggers and youtubers have been raving about this product for months. In case you have been living under a rock, the Apocalips ...or Show Off Lip Laquers in the US (seriously, why do companies feel they need to label their products a different name in different countries?! Maybelline did it too with their Colour Tattoo shades as well) are basically a liquid lipstick that are meant to provide a shine to the lips as well. Celestial is a beautiful rosy pink that is perfect for everyday wear. 

The application process is easy as it glides on smoothly; however, due to the amazing pigmentation of this product a mirror is definitely needed, even with this shade. At first, the "lipstick" does provide a glossy finish as Rimmel promised but I do find that this goes away after about an hour, leaving a more satin finish. This colour in particular lasts around a couple of hours before you need to reapply and does leave behind a teensy rosy pink stain to the lips. I do imagine that the brighter, more intense shades such as Stella and Nova would leave more of a stain to the lips and last longer though. I absolutely love the smell of this product as it smells like watermelon and reminds me of summer. 




Since I have recently used up my beloved Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie (weep!) which was my everyday work shade, I have been gravitating towards this instead. I also love layering Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey underneath and using my fingers to apply a light wash of this on top. I find that the colour stays longer this way. 

Overall, I would recommend this product and would like to try a more intense shade next time. I feel that the quality of this product is great for the price point. 

What is your go-to work lip combo?

Jess 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment