Wednesday 21 August 2013

Trash Diving #2: Haircare, Makeup and Nails

Time to go through what I've used up again! Today I will go through haircare, makeup and nails and my next post will cover my skincare since I always use up more skincare than anything else. 











Haircare

L'Oreal Mythic Oil Shampoo and Conditioner: I absolutely loved how this shampoo and conditioner made my hair feel post-wash. The shampoo lathered up well and after using these two products my hair felt soft and looked shiny. I did notice that it weighed my hair down slightly, but I still loved using it.  

Would I repurchase these again? Yes, absolutely. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush: Batiste is my favourite dry shampoo thus far and I've raved about it enough on this blog, so I won't bore you. I did a dry shampoo comparison which I wrote about here, if you would like to read about my thoughts on it. 

Would I repurchase this again? Of course!


Nails

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails: This is designed to be a nail hardening treatment, but I tended to use this as a top coat since it dried so quickly. I prefer my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat though. 

Would I repurchase? No, I would not. I much prefer my Revitanail as a strengthening treatment (although I really want to try OPI's Nail Envy!) and my Insta-Dri Top Coat, so there's no need to purchase this again. 


Make-Up

Maybelline Define-a-Brow: Loved this for defining my brows and was an everyday staple. It has been compared to the MAC eyebrow pencil. I personally have never tried the MAC one, so I can't comment but this did the job well. It allowed me to draw natural hair-like strokes to fill in the tail ends of my brows since that's where they're most sparse. 

Would I repurchase? Yep!

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara: This mascara added volume and length to my lashes while still looking natural. I liked it more as it dried out, but it wasn't great at holding a curl in my stumpy, straight lashes. 

Would I repurchase? I'll put it on the maybe list. I have other mascaras that I prefer, but did enjoy it 
towards the end when the 
formula was more dry.

What have you used up recently?

Jess
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment