Friday 23 August 2013

Trash Diving #2:Skincare




Time for skincare empties! 

Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser: I received this when I first purchased my Clarisonic 2 years ago. It was one of those freebies that I left in a sample box and never used. I didn't love the product and used it purely for the sake of not wasting things. I have other cleansers that definitely top this one.

Would I repurchase? No

Bioderma Sebium H20: I received this in a monthly subscription box and used this as a makeup remover. It did take off my make-up really easily (except waterproof mascara); however, I much prefer my Crealine H20 which is designed for sensitive skin. I felt that this stripped my skin too much and left my under eye area feeling particularly dry. I'll stick to the Crealine H20 but it was nice to receive and compare the two. 

Would I repurchase? No

Aesop Parsley Seed Masque: This is a great all-rounder masque and one that I use on a weekly basis. It's particularly good at clearing up the skin when you have some pesky blemishes. My skin is left feeling smooth and soft and I notice a difference in the overall  appearance of my skin. 

Would I repurchase? I already have :)

Origins NIght-a-Mins Oil Free Moisturiser: This has been my night time moisturiser for the last 6-8 months. It smells absolutely heavenly with it's citrus scent and I love putting it on. Origins have two versions in this moisturiser and I had the oil-free one. Out of all products in this month's empties, I'm most sad to see this one in the bin. It's a light texture, goes on easily, easily absorbed and provides my normal/combo skin with enough moisture. When I purchased this the lady said there was an ingredient in the product that was meant to help you sleep, but I don't know if it actually worked to be honest. Nevertheless, it was the best night time moisturiser I've tried. 

Would I repurchase? Yes 

Swisse Hand Cream with Vitamin F and Pomegranate: Who knew Swisse produced anything else besides vitamins right?! Their skincare products tend to be overlooked as I feel marketing is focussed on their vitamin range. The best thing about Swisse and their skincare range is that they're free from any nasties like mineral oils, parabens and sulfates. This was a light hand cream with a natural citrus scent that was easily absorbed with no sticky residue left on your hands. 

Would I repurchase? Yes

Apivita Express Beauty with Carrot: It looks like a small packet but I got about 5 uses from this one packet. The mask itself has a thick creamy texture which glides easily onto the skin. I found that I didn't need to use much at all to cover my entire face. This is designed to be a nourishing and regenerating face mask. It left my face feeling plump and hydrated. Highly recommend this mask if you're looking for a moisturising mask to combat this cold weather and heating which seems to be drying out my skin. Knowing that I can get at least 5 uses from one packet and it is purchased in packs of 2 for $7.90, I feel more comfortable spending the money on these masks now. I really don't know how to describe this scent but it smells lovely.. like a perfume. If you're sensitive to smells it might not be the best choice though. 

Would I repurchase? Yes

That concludes my second empties blog post. I'm on the tail ends of a few products so you may see a new 'Trash Diving' post sooner rather than later!

Jess
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment