Tuesday 13 August 2013

What's in my makeup basket #3


Time to dig in and see what I've been using lately, make-up wise! Some stock standard products that you have seen so many times that you're probably thinking.. that again?! Namely, Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Need I go through what I use them for again? Nope.. didn't think so. Onto the newer products that you can see in the picture!

Clinique Superfit Makeup Foundation has been tucked quietly in the back of my makeup drawer. It hasn't seen the light of day for quite awhile now (questionable expiry date as well, might I add) so it was time I whipped it out again. It provides slightly more coverage than my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, buildable and doesn't break me out. Downside is that it oxidises on your skin so I'm careful with how I use it. I don't use this all over my face but as a product to even the overall appearance of my skin. The foundation is discontinued now. 

For the rest of my face (bar the RImmel powder), I used my Stila Bronzer in 01 in the 3E motion on my face, highlighted with my Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter and applied my Cargo Blush in Tonga to the apples of my cheeks. This blush was arguably made famous when Jennifer Aniston declared it her blush of choice and definitely the reason why I bought it in the first place I'm unashamedly able to admit. 

I'm going simple of the eyes with a couple of coats of Maybelline Define-a-Lash (Waterproof) which holds my straight lashes in a curl like no other (8 hours after application and they are still curled.. *runs to the mirror* yep, still curled). However, it is definitely a pain to remove, but worth it. Use some good waterproof makeup remover for this one!

On my lips I used Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Blush, which is the perfect tone and match for the Cargo blush. It is my natural lip colour with just a hint more rose and provides a slightly glossy look to the lips without the gloss. 

What's in your makeup basket?

Jess
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment