Monday 2 September 2013

August Favourites 2013



August favourites time! August was a good month.. primarily because we booked our holiday at the end of the year to Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan. So excited! All flights and Singapore and Hong Kong accommodation have been booked. We need to work out what we're doing in Japan first before booking the accommodation first. Japan will require more planning since it's where we are spending 3 weeks. I've been to Singapore plenty of times before, Hong Kong once but it'll be my first time in Japan! I'm excited to see all the sights and experience the culture, plus think of all the shopping (both clothes and beauty bits) I can purchase! I will be shopping my heart out, but that also means that wardrobe clearing and heavy saving must happen. I.must.resist.the.sales. It also means I will be 'shopping my stash' more and attempt to use up the products I have.  

The end of this month also means several things: 1. Spring is here - it's my favourite season! 2. I am now working only 5 days a week instead of 6 days. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, it's extremely rewarding, but 6 days a week was heavy. Hello weekends! I've missed you! Enough of the rambles, let's move on to my favourites. 

First up is my MAC Eyeshadow in Coquette. Ever since I finished my Maybelline Define-a-Brow I have used this to fill them in. Since my eyebrows are black, browns really don't look right - they're too warm for my eyebrows. This is a grey-taupe eyeshadow that looks natural in my brows. For cheeks, I have been loving my cream blushes particularly my Topshop Blush Stick in Sneakpeek. Perfect hot pink blush that blends in beautifully. 

I bought several tubes of  Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus during my last trip to Hong Kong from Sasa (gosh, I love that store!). It's a fibre lash mascara so it has little fibres that attach to your lashes, making them appear longer. I love this mascara for giving my lashes a natural look with added length. Best of all, it does.not.budge. Perfect for the warmer weather that we will be getting soon. Yay! Keeping with the eye theme, I have been loving my Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige. This is a light shimmery golden beige colour which I have been using across my eyelids most days. I find that it fades slightly on my oily eyelids if I don't use a primer, but with a primer it doesn't budge till I remove it. Such a great colour for summer as well!

I have two skincare items this month. The first is Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (mouthful much?!). I absolutely adore this. It doesn't feel like it's stripping your skin nor it leave it feeling squeaky clean, which is a feeling I do not like at all. It cleanses well and your skin feels nourished after you remove it. Eulactol Heel Balm Gold is my go-to product for dry, cracked heels. I won't write too much about this stuff since I'll do a proper review soon but let's just say this is my third bottle. 

Last of all, but definitely not least I have been absolutely LOVING the warmer weather and longer days. I mean, it's 5:15pm right now and I still don't need to turn my lights on and the sun is still bright. Not to mention, it's 25 degrees tomorrow!

What did you love for the month of August?

Jess
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment