Wednesday 25 September 2013

My Birthday Food/Drink Adventure


It was my birthday on Sunday.. I now feel a tad old *sigh*. To celebrate I did a whole lot of eating, eating.. and more eating haha. It's a little bit of a different post today, but I thought I'd share my food/drink adventure with you from the weekend that passed!

It started off on Friday night with laksa (centre photo) and a chocolate cake filled with cointreau cream and cherries (top left) which was made by my family. It was a total surprise as I wasn't expecting anything and laksa is one of my favourite foods ever! Nothing like home-cooked laksa :) 

On Saturday I went out with some friends to Chin Chin in the Melbourne CBD. Love that place! Good food, reasonably priced and a great atmosphere. The only downside is that you need to get there early... I'm talking 4:30pm-5pm early if you want a table within a reasonable time frame. We got there at 5:30 and had to wait for an hour and 15 minutes. The good thing is that they text you when your table is ready and you're free to roam until that text.. then you need to scoot off and get there within 10 minutes. Sounds like a lot of effort now that I'm typing it out but it really wasn't that bad! To kill the time we headed off to Gin Palace. I had never been before but I will be back! They had amazing, amazing cocktails..with Gin of course! (top right photo). 

On Sunday, I had pancakes for breakfast, dumplings for lunch at Hutong Dumpling Bar. If you feel like dumplings and are in the Melbourne CBD, I highly recommend that you check it out. For a little coffee and cake, we headed over to Manchester Press. Lastly for dinner, the boyfriend cooked me whatever I wanted. I chose Char Kway Teow (bottom right photo), which is a stir-fried Malaysian noodle dish. Nom, nom!

I think I ate through my birthday this year!

Jess
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment