Thursday 5 September 2013

The Go-To Blemish Trio


Recently I posted that my skin has been breaking out a bit more than usual. Thankfully, this has cleared up now but I wanted to write about my go-to products for blemishes. Usually, I use a clay mask to draw out the impurities once a week, but if my skin is having a little freak-out I will take it up a notch and use the Aesop Parsley Seed Masque twice a week. This masque is a great all-rounder and brilliant for drawing out the impurities in your skin. It comes out of the tube as a brown-grey stone colour, applies like it appears in the tube, then dries clear and finally dries white. Confusing, I know! When it dries you can see where it has soaked up all the oil. Disgusting and satisfying at the same time. 

My go-to spot treatment is the Origins Super Spot Remover which is best for surface blemishes like whiteheads as opposed to those deep pimples under the skin (painful!). If you were after a more inexpensive spot treatment, I really like the Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight and Fade Gel. It comes in an orange tube and I found that it cleared the blemish faster and it did actually help fade the scars. In fact, there was a period where my skin was scarring whenever and wherever I had a spot, it didn't matter if I didn't touch it, it scarred. The Neutrogena product definitely help reduce the appearance of those scars so it'll always be a winner in my books for that very reason. 

The last product to complete my trio is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I've had this in my stash for over a year now and purchased my first tube of it from National Pharmacies on a trip back home to Adelaide. I actually remember spotting it on the shelves and getting so excited that I could purchase it in Australia. Admittedly, I slacked off on this product and wasn't using it as frequently but when my skin began breaking out more than usual this went straight back into daily rotation and I haven't stopped using it since. Some people use this as their moisturiser but I layer this under mine. I find it keeps blemishes at bay and clears up the appearance of my skin. I find my skin smoother and brighter and just overall more healthy in appearance when I use this regularly.

What are your go-to blemish products?

Jess
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment