Wednesday 30 October 2013

Brunches, Indulgent Treats, Hourglass, Marcs, and Faux Leather


I had brunch at Hardware Societe with a good friend on Saturday. This involved a 45-minute wait in true Melbourne city café form style. Luckily, it only started drizzling with rain 5 minutes before we managed to snag a table inside The wait time is getting quite ridiculous and I have always avoided Hardware Societe because of the ridiculous lines. We both had baked eggs with chorizo, which were amazing! I forgot about the wait as soon as I was presented with the food!



Afterwards, we headed on over to La Belle Miette, which is a small, cute macaron shop on Hardware Lane (branches also on Collins St, Church St and at Chadstone Shopping Centre. I bought a box of six macarons and all were amazing! My favourite were the Earl Grey and Salted Caramel though. I highly recommend you pay them a visit if you are in the city area.


 

Last but not least, shopping. There are some great sales on at the moment. I picked up this pair of faux leather shorts from Milk and Honey with intricate cut outs at the bottom. I do not own a pair of leather shorts so this was calling my name. They were also on sale for $31.50! I can see myself getting a lot of use out of these, especially because Melbourne seems to be warming up again… slightly (warm up more please!). The only detail I would change would be the white drawstring. I see this getting dirty and I feel like it cheapens the shorts a tad. I’ll probably pull it out, tuck it in or dye it black though.








On Sunday, I had brunch with another group of friends at Neapoli which is off Bourke Street. No lines there! After that, I went shopping… again. I came out with two sneaky purchases. One I feel is justified (kinda?) and the other is… well I’ve been lusting after it for awhile.

 

That’s right. I finally caved in to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. I picked mine up in Diffused Light. I was choosing between this and Dim Light. Originally, I was going to go for Dim Light however, after reading reviews and deciding what I wanted it for I went for Diffused Light. In the store it seemed extremely sparkly as in, if I put it on my face I would look like a disco ball but people said that it doesn’t show up and the ones in the store tend to be more glittery due to ‘cross-contamination’ from other products. They were right, you can’t see any huge glitter particles on your face when you apply it. It just gives you face a new glow, takes down my redness and helps my makeup last.


 

The last purchase of the day was in a tweed-like skirt in this amazing, amazing citrus colour. It's so summery! I have my friend’s wedding coming up in 2 weeks and I thought this would be perfect. I figure I would get more use out of a top and a skirt than just a dress. This was also on sale at Marcs with 40% off making it $79. This makes it justified...right?


What have you indulged in lately?

Jess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment