Sunday 20 October 2013

Long-Lasting Make-up for a Night Out



I thought I’d share the products that I use on a night out to keep my make-up in place. I have combination skin and it just tends to be oily in all the wrong places resulting in makeup sliding down my face if I don’t use the right products. 

First and foremost is a technique rather than a product itself. It's something that everyone knows about.. layering. Specifically, layering cream products under your powder products. I do this for blush, bronzer, eyeshadow and eyeliner:
  • BLUSH: Topshop have amazing cream blushes that I highly recommend and often use on a daily basis. The cream blush in the pan (as opposed to their stick formulas) are super easy to blend and layer nicely. 
  • BRONZER: I don't have a cream bronzer (Australia, get your act together and bring the Bourjois cream bronzer here asap!) so I use a sample Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation that I received that is way too dark but perfect for the liquid bronzer job. 
  • EYESHADOW: You can't go wrong with Maybelline Colour Tattoos. The price is reasonable and these don't budge on me. 
  • EYELINER: I stick to my Prestige Waterproof Eyeliner as this is what works for me.
I always use my Too Faced Shadow Insurance before applying any eye product on my lids since my eyes are super oily and prone to smudging, creasing etc. 

I use a fail safe mascara which I know won't budge and will hold a curl. For me, I am loving my Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus. I bought 3 when I last went to Hong Kong since I loved it so much. This is my last tube so I will definitely be picking more up at the end of the year when I visit Hong Kong again. 

Eyebrows are tamed with a clear mascara. I don't do this on a daily basis since my brows aren't that unruly but for a night out it is a must. I use Ever Bilena Mascara from Daiso which I have spoken about recently. 

For lipstick I use a long lasting formula like Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids (the one pictured is in Vibrant Mandarin) and apply it 3 times. I apply a thin layer, blot with a tissue, repeat once more and then apply my last coat.

I use Clarins Fix Make-Up as a makeup setting spray. I notice a difference in the longevity of my makeup when I use this and it adds a lovely dewy glow and makes your face look more natural and helps you avoid the dreaded "cake face". 

Last but not least is my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which I apply down my T-Zone.

How do you prevent your makeup from disappearing on a night out?

Jess
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment