Thursday 17 October 2013

Night, night! Don't let the bed bugs bite!


I have been having difficulty sleeping at night lately. It’s weird, my body is completely exhausted, yet I have trouble falling asleep. I actually think this is one of the most frustrating feelings. You are willing your body to do one thing, yet it’s got it’s own plans. There are a few things that I have been doing to help me sleep at night.

First, avoiding all technology for at least half an hour before I go to sleep. Instead of sitting on my laptop or watching some TV, I will read a book instead. I’m currently reading Anh Do’s The Happiest Refugee at the moment. It is an eye opening yet funny book that is easy to read. I would recommend it. The book above is next on my list, The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. It's about a man with Autism Spectrum Disorder on a quest to find true love using a sixteen-page questionnaire to help him find the perfect partner. I work in this field a lot (the ASD part, not the love part!) so I think it will be an interesting read. 

Secondly, I drink some sleepy tea. To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan at first but have grown to enjoy it. The Sleepytime Vanilla by Celestial Seasonings is my favourite.

Lastly, I use my Sleep Pulse Point by the Aromatherapy Company. It's 100% pure and natural essential oils to relax you and help you fall asleep. I apply this on my pulse points and I don’t know if it’s a placebo effect or not but it seems to help me sleep. Placebo or not, I’ll take it!

Do you have any sleep recommendations? What do you do?

Jess
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment