Wednesday 6 November 2013

October Favourites 2013


October Favourites time! I hope you all had an amazing October. Nothing too exciting went down for me in October. I'm sure if I lived in America I'd have some amazing Halloween story but Australia doesn't really celebrate it. In fact, I've never celebrated it. I feel like I'm missing out!


My first favourite of the month has to be my Swisse Argan Face Oil. I’m not sure why I haven’t spoken about it before because it’s been part of my daily routine for a few months now. I’ve nearly finished this bottle and a second one is on it’s way! I mix this in with my moisturizer every night. I find that it keeps my skin hydrated and makes it extremely soft and supple. Other benefits include improving the appearance of skin elasticity, hydration, ageing and blemishes. 

My Origins Vitazing is the ultimate lazy product for me and has been perfect for the “I want to spend as minimal time on my face as possible days”. I use this as a moisturizer and to even out my skin tone all at once. I then go in with concealer on the areas where I need it most and skip the foundation. This product wears well on my skin and I’ll never be without it.

“That time of the month” has proved to be particularly troublesome. I have had some really bad deep pimples that slowly surface into small mountains on my chin. Don’t get me wrong I love my Origins Super Spot Remover, but lately I have been loving my Neutrogena 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Spot Gel. It reduces the amount of time that I have my blemishes for and helps to fade the inevitable blemish scar that I always seem to end up with.

I have been curling my hair a lot more this month and as a result, my hair is a lot drier. My L’Oreal Mythic Oil has been perfect to add some shine, hydration and softness back into my hair.


I have my L’Occitane Shower Oil to thank for keeping my skin hydrated, particularly over the colder days. It’s hands down the most hydrating shower product for the body that I have used. No dry and scaly skin here! I never get any irritations when I use this product and in fact, I feel like it’s quite soothing when I apply it. It comes out an oil; however, turns into a cream when it comes into contact with water. I also feel that moisturiser is not as necessary when I use this because it is so hydrating. Lazy moisturizer-“rers” rejoice!

Interestingly, my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy has made it into my favourites this month. I say interestingly as I actually considered this a “product that I regret buying” awhile ago. It was pretty much untouched until I put it in my makeup bag to get some use out of it. I find that this is the perfect shade in the morning when my lips look lifeless. The colour of this lipstick matches my natural lip colour almost perfectly so it’s great to instill a little life back into my lips. Since it is so natural, a mirror is not needed and the rose scent is also amazing. The only thing is that you need to reapply fairly often.

I finally have my hands on Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina which is that fragrance that I have been wanting for awhile now. I don’t buy fragrances often since I don’t power through them as quickly as everyone else seems to, so when I do add one to the mix it must be something I love. This is just the trial size as the full size is waiting for me back in Adelaide since I was over the baggage limit last trip (damn you, baggage restrictions!). It’s a perfect balance of fruity, floral and musky. I could seriously smell this all day!

What have you been loving this month?

Jess
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment