Wednesday 27 November 2013

Priceline 40% off Cosmetics Haul




I was lucky to finish work slightly early last Tuesday, which only meant one thing in my mind. Make it to my Priceline before they close at 5pm and take advantage of the 40% off all cosmetics sale!

When I heard about the sale I thought that it would be a good time to try the Bourjois Happy Light Foundation and Illuminating Primer, as well as their healthy balance powder which Amelia Liana has said is a dupe for her beloved Giorgio Armani powder. Unfortunately, my Priceline either didn’t stock it or it was sold out. 

In the end I purchased 4 lip products and 1 eye product. I purchased the Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic (bright fuchsia pink) and Stellar (cherry red with an orange undertone). I love these products because they are so pigmented and hydrating. I already have the one in Celestial that I love for an everyday lip colour; however, it doesn’t last long on my lips. I’m hoping that because these colours are brighter they will leave a longer lasting stain behind.

I purchased 2 Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons, one in Peach on the Beach (coral pink) and the other in Orange Punch (red orange). I’ve worn these a few times and find that easy to apply, very glossy and not drying which is a winner for my prone to dryness lips. 

My last purchase was a Rimmel Scandeleyes in Taupe. I forgot whose blog/video I watched but they used it as an eyeshadow which I thought was a great idea. I bought this with the intention of doing just the same, but instead, I’ve been using it for its intended purchase. I find that this shade is great for everyday daytime wear as it’s not as harsh as a brown or black eyeliner. It’s perfect for adding some definition to the eye. I always set my eyeliners to prevent the inevitable panda eye and have been using my MAC eyeshadows in coquette and concrete for this as I find they work well with this eyeliner shade. 

From top to bottom:
Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Orange Punch
Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach
Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic
Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar
Rimmel Scandaleyes in Taupe



Did you go to the sale? What did you pick up?

Jess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment