Wednesday 13 November 2013

Trash Diving #3 - Skincare



So I'm taking a break from working out what to wear for my friend's wedding this weekend to talk about my skincare empties (round 3)! The weather is meant to be sunny this Saturday so let's hope it stays that way! I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet as I can tend to ramble!

Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera
I really enjoyed this cleanser. It didn't leave my skin feeling tight or feel like it was stripping my skin of all it's natural oils. This was particularly good for the winter time. 

Repurchase? I would consider repurchasing this. As a cream cleanser I prefer my Jacqueline Evans Cream Cleanser, but the Alpha-H is a lot easier to use since it doesn't require a flannel to wash it off.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo 
I absolutely love this product and attribute this to keeping pimples at bay. I notice a difference in my skin when I use this (and when I don't!). I tend to get little bumps on the oiler areas of my face and this stops them from peeking through. I layer this under my moisturiser and use it every night. 

Repurchase? I have already busted open a new tube of the stuff!

Michael Todd Intensive Organic Cream Eye Treatment
I liked this eye cream; however, there was nothing outstanding about it. It did the job and hydrated my under eye area. I prefer my Indeed Labs Eysilix. 

Repurchase? No

Bioderma Sebium AKN
This is a treatment product that is meant to purify skin by cleansing the pores. To be perfectly honest, I used this up because I didn't want to waste it. It would need to be smoothed on gently and with no rubbing in whatsoever, otherwise it would 'ball up' (so technical there!) the products that I had already layered underneath. Such a pain in the mornings and I didn't notice a difference in my skin either. This has worked for other people, but unfortunately didn't work for me. 

Repurchase? No

Lancome Visonnaire (sample)
I wasn't wow-ed by this. Maybe it's because it was only a sample size and so I didn't see the effects of it? I do however, feel like this is a product for more mature skin and that may also be the reason why.

Repurchase? Not right now, maybe when I'm older!

Organic Spa Face Exfoliant (sample)
Organic Spa is an Australian owned company based in Byron Bay who use naturally derived ingredients. It's a physical exfoliant with small granules to buff away your dead skin. The granules aren't chunky like the St Ives Apricot Scrub and you don't feel like you're scratching your skin. This leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth and gives me an immediate brighter complexion. 

Repurchase? I have a chemical and physical exfoliant on the go at the moment so I don't need one any time soon, but I would definitely consider it. I love that it's Australian made too!.
Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil (sample)
I really enjoyed this cleansing oil. It was effective and lovely to use; however, I much prefer my Bioderma and Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm to thoroughly take off my makeup and cleanse my skin.

Repurchase? No

What have you used up recently?

Jess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment